AL> As of now, Bacula does not check for these condition, it only takes
AL> the date and time of the last succesful job for a given client/fileset
AL> combination and saves files with a timestamp after that moment.

AL> Or, in short, your proposed solution will not work.

Ah.  Well, thanks for the notes.  That does mean, though, that I can
invalidate the job that created the broken volume so the next
incremental would effectively back up from the one previous to it?

(though this doesn't work if another incremental had run since then; IE,
you'd have to nuke the last job before the next incremental gets run or
nuke all jobs after the broken one).

AL> All IMO and without actually reading the code, by the way.

As I mentioned; same here ;-)