Hello,

A bit earlier today, I released version 2.2.3 source tar files and the Win32
binaries to the Bacula release area of Source Forge.  This release was almost
ready to fix some minor problems with version 2.2.2 when bug #935 was found
so we were able to quickly include a confirmed fix for the bug.

This code passes the regression tests on both CentOS 5 (RHEL 5 compatible) and
SuSE 10.2.  At the moment, the test results are not yet complete for the
other ports (Solaris, FreeBSD, Mac OS X).

In case you are not aware, bug #935 is a problem where the backups are
successfully written to the Volumes, but Bacula is unable to automatically
restore the files.  Though the bug is quite serious, it does seem to only hit
a few people running multiple simultaneous backups to disk volumes and only
during an end of Volume condition (switching volumes).  That said, it could
hit anyone running simultaneous backups to the same Volume including tapes.
Simultaneous backups to different Volumes will not have this problems.

For more details on the bug, please see:

  www.bacula.org/downloads/bug-935.txt

I recommend that everyone running version 2.0.x or higher upgrade to 2.2.3,
and if you suspect that your backups have been hit by this problem, I
recommend that you do a full backup with version 2.2.3 installed.

There exist patches for versions 2.2.0, 2.2.1, and 2.2.2 that correct this
bug. They can be found in the bacula-patches 2.2.x release area Source Forge.
However, we recommend that you upgrade to version 2.2.3 rather than patching.

I am currently looking into the possibility of providing patches for version
2.0.3.

Scott has informed me that he should be able to prepare the 2.2.3 source rpm
rather rapidly, probably tonight, and the binary rpms will probably follow
this weekend.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Kern