Hello All,

I have released the source RPM as well as the binaries for
SuSE-10.2-i586 on sourceforge. I apologize but will be unable to release
the other binaries I usually publish until this weekend due to time
constraints. Other platforms "should" build from the SRPM if you are in
need of immediate action. Of note is that we fixed the bug preventing
postgresql from building on rhel3 and similar old platforms and I added
build targets for rhel5 and clones. My release notes below.

ps. the spec file currently in svn for trunk and Branch-2.2 has been
updated to correct a typo at line 199.

Bacula-2.2 RPM Release Notes
D. Scott Barninger
<barninger at fairfieldcomputers dot com>

Release 2.2.3-1

This release incorporates a number of significant changes since 1.38.

These release notes refer to the rpm packaging only.
Please refer to the release notes and changelog in the
tarball or on sourceforge for complete information on all changes.

*****************
* Miscellaneous *
*****************

Added build targets for rhel5 and clones.

Build target added for Scientific Linux (RHEL clone) thanks to Jon
Peatfield.

Merged Otto Mueller's patch changing some directory locations for FHS
compatibility
but retaining the script directory as /etc/bacula.

gnome-console and wxconsole have been renamed to bgnome-console and
bwx-console
respectively.

***************************
* bat (Bacula Admin Tool) *
***************************

A new subpackage has been added for the new bat QT-based GUI
administration tool.
This requires QT >= 4.2

--define "build_bat 1"

* Gnome console dropped on some platforms *

The gconsole package has been dropped on older gnome platforms (gtk+ <
2.4).
Changes in the gnome api and code produced by Glade no longer build.
In addition, the tray monitor now fails to build on some 2.4 platforms.
gconsole is now not built on the following platforms:
rh7, rh8, rh9, rhel3 (and clones), fc1, fc4, mdk, su9, su10

********************************
* Third party packager support *
********************************

A new build tag added to support third party packagers to replace the
information in the Packager: tag in the rpm. Invoking
--define "contrib_packager Your Name <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
will substitute your packager identification.

Users interested in building packages for platforms not normally
published
should examine the platforms/contrib-rpm directory in the source code.

*******************************
* Option to build client only *
*******************************

A build define to build the client rpm package only added. This turns
off all database builds, gnome console and wxconsole.
--define "build_client_only 1"

************************
* Python support added *
************************

Support for compiling with python scripting support added. This is off
by default but can be enabled with:
--define "build_python 1"
Released binary packages are built with python support.

*******************
* Database update *
*******************

The 2.x release requires an update to the bacula database structure
from version 9 to version 10. A pre-install routine has been added to
check for databases older than 9. In that event the install will exit
with an error message indicating that the database must be updated to
version 9 before installing this upgrade. Scripts for updating older
database formats are available for download in the bacula-updatedb
rpm package. In the event a version 9 database is detected a
post-install
routine will update the database after creating a backup file in the
bacula working directory.

******************
* Platform Notes *
******************

The spec file currently supports building on the following platforms:

# RedHat builds
--define "build_rh7 1"
--define "build_rh8 1"
--define "build_rh9 1"

# Fedora Core build
--define "build_fc1 1"
--define "build_fc3 1"
--define "build_fc4 1"
--define "build_fc5 1"
--define "build_fc6 1"

# Whitebox Enterprise build
--define "build_wb3 1"

# RedHat Enterprise builds
--define "build_rhel3 1"
--define "build_rhel4 1"
--define "build_rhel5 1"

# CentOS build
--define "build_centos3 1"
--define "build_centos4 1"
--define "build_centos5 1"

# Scientific Linux build
--define "build_sl3 1"
--define "build_sl4 1"
--define "build_sl5 1"

# SuSE build
--define "build_su9 1"
--define "build_su10 1"
--define "build_su102 1"

# Mandrake 10.x build
--define "build_mdk 1"

# Mandriva build
--define "build_mdv 1"

**************************
* Database build options *
**************************

Database support (must select one or build client only)

MySQL support:
--define "build_mysql 1"
# OR if using mysql 4.x define this
# currently: Mandrake 10.x, SuSE 9.x & 10.0, RHEL4, fc4
--define "build_mysql4 1"
# OR if using mysql 5.x define this
# currently: SuSE 10.1, fc5
--define "build_mysql5 1"

PostgreSQL support:
--define "build_postgresql 1"

Sqlite support:
--define "build_sqlite 1"

***********************
* Other build options *
***********************

Supress build of Gnome Console:
--define "nobuild_gconsole 1"

Enable X86-64 support
--define "build_x86_64 1"

This build switch remains but should no longer be necessary. The
configure script
was adjusted in the 1.39 development series to correctly detect the
location of
64 bit libraries.

Enable wxconsole:
--define "build_wxconsole 1"

Enable bat:
--define "build_bat 1"

Enable python support:
--define "build_python 1"

Build the client package only:
--define "build_client_only 1"

**********************************
* Current binary package support *
**********************************

D. Scott Barninger <barninger at fairfieldcomputers dot com>
el3 i386
fc4 i386
su101 i586
su102 i586

Felix Schwarz <felix dot schwarz at web dot de>
fc5 i386
fc5 x86_64
fc6 i386
fc6 x86_64
el4 i386
el4 x86_64

PattiMichelle Sheaffer <pattimichelle at pattimichelle dot com>
su101 x86_64
su102 x86_64

Mandriva packages are available in the distribution contrib repository.

***************************
* Changelog since 1.38.11 *
***************************
* Sat Sep 08 2007 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- add --disable-batch-insert for older platforms
- add build targets for rhel5 and clones
* Mon Sep 03 2007 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- 2.2.1 release
- turn off gconsole build for su10 & fc4, tray monitor fails to build
* Sat Jul 14 2007 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- 2.1.26 add make of qwt in depkgs for bat
* Sat Jun 02 2007 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- upgrade Qt requirement for bat to 4.2
* Sun May 06 2007 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- add fc7 build target
* Sun Apr 29 2007 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- 2.1.8
- gnome-console now bgnome-console
- wxconsole now bwx-console
- add build option for bat
* Sat Apr 08 2007 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- merge Otto Mueller's patch but keep script dir set to /etc/bacula
- add build tag for Scientific Linux per Jon Peatfield
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
* Tue Mar 27 2007 Otto Mueller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- adjust directory locations for FHS-compatibility
  sysconf_dir (/etc/bacula), script_dir (/usr/lib/bacula),
  working_dir (/var/lib/bacula) and pid_dir (/var/run)
* Mon Feb 26 2007 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- add SuSE 10.2 target
* Sat Jan 20 2007 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- correct bug 752
- set query.sql as config file
- correct bug 754
* Sun Jan 14 2007 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- 2.0.1 release
- change determination of gcc version per patch from Marc Hennes
- move BuildRequire for atk-devel to gnome only builds
- add fc6 build tag
* Sat Jan 06 2007 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- 2.0.0 release
* Sun Oct 15 2006 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- 1.39.26 remove create_sqlite_database.in.patch
* Sun Sep 24 2006 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- change ownership of working_dir on server packages to bacula.bacula so
that
- bacula-sd can create bootstrap files
* Sat Sep 02 2006 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- 1.39.22 remove separate cd and make of manpages the main Makefile does
it now
* Sun Aug 06 2006 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- fix manpages file extension for mdk
* Sat Aug 05 2006 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- bug 648 re-enable and update sqlite patches
- 1.39.18 changes
- updatedb 9 to 10
- install man pages
- lock out gconsole build for gtk+ < 2.4
* Mon Jul 17 2006 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- move pango-devel BuildRequires into gconsole only build
* Sat Jul 15 2006 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- add provides and conflicts for standard suse packages
- add third party packager tag support
- add build_client_only tag
- remove bsmtp from client package
- add bacula-ctl-fd to client package
* Thu Jul 13 2006 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- fix directory creation when wxconsole and not gconsole
* Tue Jul 04 2006 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- add check to buildrequires to make sure libstdc++ version matches gcc
* Mon Jul 03 2006 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- add python build support
- fix LDFLAGS declarations
* Sun Jul 02 2006 D. Scott Barninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
- add requires for standard compiler toolchain
- move version and release tags up
- move patches up
- add docs_version tag