Alan Brown wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Oct 2007, Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
>
>> I'm not aware of any open source backup software that does that.
>
> Bacula's unimplemented "Base" backups are intended to handle this, but
> it's not (yet) been rolled out.

Doesn't count until it's out.  ;-)

I mentioned that it had been discussed on the bacula list and could be
found in the archives. I didn't have a search keyword to recommend.
Since you mentioned "Base" backups, I searched on that and found:

https://mail.dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/lurker/attach/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

quoting Kern, 2007/05/02: "The Bacula base stuff was thought up and
designed more than 8 years ago now. Too bad I've not found the time to
implement it. Until this last vote, it always showed up with a very low
vote count ..."

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator