Hi all, I'm in the process of changing the backup strategy of a customer from a
daily rotation to an incremental backup logic.
Because I never happened to use the incremental strategy, I'm probably asking a
very stupid question...so please excuse me if it is.....
When reading the Bacula documentation and generic documents about the strategy
around the Internet, I always read that the incremental backup will backup
files that have been "modified" since the last backup (be it the last full or
the last incremental one).
So...my question is....what about "deleted" files?...what about "moved"
files?....what about "renamed" files?.....
In short, if I have the Sunday full backup and daily incrementals, will I be
able to do a full restore and rebuild the complete situation of Thursday?
...thanx and sorry for the silly question...
Gabriele.
Gabriele Bulfon - Sonicle S.r.l.
Tel +39 028246016 Int. 30 - Fax +39 028243880
Via Felice Cavallotti 16 - 20089, Rozzano - Milano - ITALY
http://www.sonicle.com