I strongly believe the problem is (again) the sparc processor....
I have a story on previous sparc processor being too slow for high number of
files.
I thought this new multi-core T1 architecture would be different.
But, at last, each core is running at 1Ghz...and I don't think bacula can
benefit from the multicores...a part from the fact that dir / fd / sd and mysql
are running on separate cores....
Tomorrow will tell....
Gabriele Bulfon - Sonicle S.r.l.
Tel +39 028246016 Int. 30 - Fax +39 028243880
Via Felice Cavallotti 16 - 20089, Rozzano - Milano - ITALY
http://www.sonicle.com