Hi,

04.10.2007 14:24,, Markus Stumpf wrote::
> Hi folx,
>
> I am new to bacula and my setup is working (mostly).
> I am using bacula 2.2.0 with a HP Storage Works 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader.
>
> The goal ist to use 6 tapes (1 for each day) and have one slot with "take
> away" tapes (weekly/monthly backups).
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycle"
>   Run = Level=Incremental Pool=Monday Monday at 23:05
>   Run = Level=Incremental Pool=Tuesday Tuesday at 23:05
>   Run = Level=Incremental Pool=Wednesday Wednesday at 23:05
>   Run = Level=Incremental Pool=Thursday Thursday at 23:05
>   Run = Level=Incremental Pool=Friday Friday at 23:05
>   Run = Level=Incremental Pool=Saturday Saturday at 23:05
>   Run = Level=Full Pool=Monthly 1st Sunday at 23:05
>   Run = Level=Full Pool=Weekly 2nd-5th Sunday at 23:05
> }

Ok, this looks good, although I don't especially like such a setup.

> and the pool defnitions for the various weeksdays are like:
>
> Pool {
>   Name = Monday
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle = yes
>   AutoPrune = yes
>   Volume Retention = 5d
>   Maximum Volumes = 1

Add Volume Use Duration = <less than one week, preferrably a few days,
here>

> }
>
> and for the weekly/monthly:

... do it similar.

> However I do not want bacula to *append* to each tape every e.g. Monday,
> but I want it to rewrite the tape, but this doesn't work. Do I also
> have to specify
>    Use Volume Once = yes
> I don't want to use
>    Maximum Volume Jobs = nnn
> as there is a (growing) number of jobs and I don't want to have to
> modify all the pools each time a new job is added.
> Do I have to specify a
>    Recycle Pool = Monday
> or will this work automatically?

Yes. The volume will not change its pool association then.

> Currently e.g. the tape "Tuesday" is in status "Full" and I cannot get
> the config to work, so that it gets overridden next Tuesday.

You need to update the volumes to represent the new pool defaults.

> The tapes in the Changer, names and assignment to the pools are IMHO
> correct.
> Also, is there a way to have bacula skip jobs after some time?

Maximum Run Time and -Wait Time for the jobs.

> The job on Tuesday didn't work out as the tape was marked full.
> The 'list jobs' command now says that the job is still running but I
> cannot cancel it (no such job).

That's bad... did you restart parts of Bacula in between?

> +-------+--------------------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+-----------------+-----------+
> | JobId | Name               | StartTime           | Type | Level |
> JobFiles | JobBytes        | JobStatus |
> +-------+--------------------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+-----------------+-----------+
> |   234 | EFN-SRV01.INTRANET | 2007-10-02 23:05:02 | B    | I     |
>  0 |               0 | R         |
> +-------+--------------------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+-----------------+-----------+

This is only the catalog... what does 'sta sd' report?

> Also the Wednesday job did not run (probably because the Tueday job is
> still in queue).

Yes.

> How do I cancel this job (besides stopping bacula and modifying the
> MySQL database and marking the job as cancelled).

The cancel command. If that doesn't work, and you don't have other
jobs running, restart the SD.

Arno

> Thanks!
>
>       \Maex