Thanks to all for the advice.

Fixed the volume labeling problem with "add", but yes, crossing my
fingers didn't work. I tried a test job and now I'm getting:

09-Oct 01:52 janus-sd: Failed command: use storage=janus-sd
media_type=File pool_name=DiskVolume pool_type=Backup append=1 copy=0
stripe=0

09-Oct 01:52 janus-sd: Web1-Nightly.2007-10-09_01.50.52 Fatal error: Bad
Use Device command: use storage=janus-sd media_type=File
pool_name=DiskVolume pool_type=Backup append=1 copy=0 stripe=0

09-Oct 01:50 STOR1-dir: Web1-Nightly.2007-10-09_01.50.52 Fatal error:
     Storage daemon didn't accept Device "HDD" because:
     3913 Bad use command: use storage=janus-sd media_type=File
pool_name=DiskVolume pool_type=Backup append=1 copy=0 stripe=0

I'll attempt to compile 2.2.4 from source. The problem with the RPM, as
I remember, was my outdated versions of GCC, glibc, etc. on this old
machine - I'm only using it for NFS staging of backups. We'll see what
these changes break... maybe it'll be time to upgrade the OS :)

Arno - yup, that's me! Unfortunately my residential fiber line blocks
port 80, so jasonantman.com redirects to DynDNS which uses an unused
high-numbered port. Feel free to email me directly for whatever advice I
can offer. I haven't tried HPASM on 10.3 yet, mainly because support for
the older HP SCSI controllers was dropped in 10.1 (they're supposed to
be fixing this), but hopefully I can help or direct you to someone who can.

-Jason