Hi,

11.10.2007 09:29,, Jean-Michel Caricand wrote::
> Le jeudi 11 octobre 2007 09:09, Matthias Kellermann a écrit :
>> Hi list,
>>
>> anyone backuped a MS SQL server with Bacula?
>>
>> Is this somehow possible - are there any plugins for that or do I have
>> to use the built-in backup functionality of the MS SQL server and backup
>> the database dumps / transaction logs later with Bacula?
>>
>> Matthias
> Hi,
>
> You can use ClientRunBeforeJob in Job definition :
> ClientRunBeforeJob = "/etc/bacula/ClientRunBeforeJob.sh"
>
> In /etc/bacula/ClientRunBeforeJob.sh you can use mysqldump to save your
> database. It works for me :-)

Note that MS SQL != MySQL.

Still, the basic idea can be used similarly. You use a Client Run
Before Job script to trigger a dump of the information you need, and
don't back up the actual database files.

Using VSS, it *might* be possible to get usable database backups by
simply storing the files, but there are people around knowing more
about MS SQL than I do... lots of people, given I know almost nothing
about it :-)

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann