Hi,

thank you all for your ideas.

@James
The idea of your client sounds very good. Seems to be a great plugin for
Exchange - perhaps sometime for MSSQL, too.

At the moment I'm not able to you use VSS because the operating system
is Windows 2000 Server an we are using MS SQL Server 2000, so there is
no VSS available.
So I have to use the builtin backup routine of SQL Server and backup
these files with bacula as usual.

What backup procedure do you use for your MS SQL databases? There are
several options available - I use the SQL maintenance function with a
Transact SQL script that does a full backup of all databases once a week
(filextension *.BAK) and an everyday backup of the transaction logs
(filextension *.TRN). Not the best method, I think...

There is another way doing this with a virtual tape file - anyone using
this?

Matthias