I'm using a SL-3 too.

# mtx -f /dev/changer status
  Storage Changer /dev/changer:1 Drives, 16 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )

As Michel Meyers pointed out, it doesn't see the import/export slot.  I don't
think we CAN use mtx to eject a tape to the mailslot.  Thus we can't get
bacula to do it automatically either.

I'd be pleased to hear back if you learn otherwise.

--Tim

On Thursday 11 October 2007 8:42:31 am GDS.Marshall wrote:
> > Hi,

> My only problem now is what numbers to pass it.  I know slot 0 is the
> drive itself so that is not a problem.  Unfortunately, I have no idea what
> the id's of the picker and mailslot are.

Flak Magnet (Tim)
www.flakmagnet.com