Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Essentially, what I'm looking for (or may be writing) is a
> little script
> (Python maybe?) that will find all jobs that should have been run this
> calendar day (I guess by parsing the director config file, since it's
> not stored in the database) and then check the Jobs table to be sure
> that they actually ran and ended successfully. If all is ok, it would
> send an email with a subject like "Bacula on HOSTNAME - DATE - All OK"
> or would alert if there are any errors. I'd run it as a cron
> job so that
> it's entirely independent of Bacula.

Actually I have written a small perl script that does what you want.

It currently works only with mysql (postgres should be hackable) and lists all
jobs that ran on the current day.

All it does is fire up some mysql querys and generate a report from it.

We run this by cronjob and generate a mail from it.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Falk Stern

--
akquinet system integration GmbH
Paul-Stritter-Weg 5 ▪ D-22297 Hamburg

Geschäftsführung: Markus Dumbsky, Marcus Pump Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB
87736 USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 229 562 303