Mateus Interciso napsal(a):
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:37:13 +0000, Mateus Interciso wrote:

>>> Interesting...I'll take a look at it...thanks a lot once again. :D
>>>
>>> Mateus

>>> log files to find problems?  Stop. Now Search log events and
>>> configuration files using AJAX and a browser. Download your FREE copy
>>> of Splunk now >> http://get.splunk.com/
>> Hum...it seems that not everything is perfect tough...
>> >From one server, there's no problem backing up, but from another, which
>> has a lot of traffic, is basically impossible to back up, since I got
>> every time a big Broken Pipe....
>> any help is apreciated...
>>
>> Thanks a lot
>>
>> MAteus

>> log files to find problems?  Stop. Now Search log events and
>> configuration files using AJAX and a browser. Download your FREE copy of
>> Splunk now >> http://get.splunk.com/
>
> Also, is there a way to create a OpenVPN tunnel with two diferent ip
> networks?
> For instance...let's say the internal network I'm working has the ip
> 192.168.1.15 as my client, and the serve I wan to access has the ip
> 10.0.0.7, is there a way to create a tunnel between those two? I was
> reading the OpenVPN manual...and they don't let it that clear.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mateus.

Short answer:
Different real networks does not matter. All you need is that client can
reach server via internet. OpenVPN will create new virtual interfaces
(i.e. tun0) on both server and client and will transport all traffic
between these two interfaces through that "normal internet" connection.
You need to set up completely different IP addresses on these two
virtual interfaces and use them in bacula config.

Long answer
Server has ip 192.168.1.15 and internet gateway 192.168.1.1. Client has
IP 10.0.0.7 and gateway 10.0.0.7. You will assign IPs 192.168.10.1 to
the virtual server interface and 192.168.10.2 to the client virtual
interface.
Bacula director will try to contact client on IP 192.168.10.2. This
packet will arrive to tun0 virtual interface, OpenVPN will "catch" the
packet, encrypt it, encapsulate it and send it via internet to 10.0.0.7.
This "real" packet will traverse normally via
192.168.1.1-internet-10.0.0.1 to OpenVPN daemon on client. Client's
OpenVPN daemon will receive encapsulated packet, decrypt it and put it
on the virtual tun0 adapter on the client. Kernel on client machine will
take the decrypted packet as it came from ethernet cable and route it
normally to bacula client.
The whole magic is that all encryption/NAT problems/etc.. are solved for
one "normal" UDP connection between the client and server. Once this
connection is established OpenVPN uses it to create virtual connection
between all the virtual adapters and you can use it as these interfaces
would be connected via cable.

Radek