Mateus Interciso napsal(a):
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:44:23 +0000, Mateus Interciso wrote:

>>> Ok, but how do I configure the storage daemon with a hostname?

>>> log files to find problems?  Stop. Now Search log events and
>>> configuration files using AJAX and a browser. Download your FREE copy
>>> of Splunk now >> http://get.splunk.com/
>> Sorry, I should have sayd more...
>> when I try to put the Address config on the sd, like this:
>>
>> Storage {                             # definition of myself
>>   Name = test-sd
>>   Address = Storage-Server
>>   SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port WorkingDirectory =
>>   "/var/lib/bacula"
>>   Pid Directory = "/var/run"
>>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
>> }
>>
>> I get this error when I start bacula-sd
>>
>> 22-Oct 14:11 bacula-sd: ERROR TERMINATION at parse_conf.c:889 Config
>> error: Keyword "Address" not permitted in this resource. Perhaps you
>> left the trailing brace off of the previous resource.
>>             : line 15, col 10 of file /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf
>>   Address = Storage-Server
>>
>> :(
>>
>> Mateus

>> log files to find problems?  Stop. Now Search log events and
>> configuration files using AJAX and a browser. Download your FREE copy of
>> Splunk now >> http://get.splunk.com/
>
> I've just managed to make the backups run across the internet.
> I'm really thankfull for all of you guys :d
> Fiddling a little with the /etc/hosts and the firewall...it worked
> perfectly :D
> Now is just making it secure...thanks a lot guys :D

I would suggest you OpenVPN. It is easy to setup, there is a lot of
howtos on the net and it will solve all NAT problems. OpenVPN is for
both Windows and Linux and all it needs is one port on public IP.
We use it for backing up remote servers and it works like a charm.

Basically you need to install OpenVPN server in your office and OpenVPN
clients on all your clients. OpenVPN will create new "ethernet" devices
which are connected all together. You then setup some private IPs on
this virtual network and use them in bacula configuration.

Radek