On 2007.10.27. 17:27, Arno Lehmann wrote:
>> 2. if "Scripts Directory" is specified in director configuration file,
>> director can't be stopped with ctrl+c, when run in foreground;
>
> I don't know if this qualifies as a bug - because, in normal
> circumstances, you should only run the DIR in foreground under the
> debugger (Kern says ;-) - but I don't think this is serious.

yeah, but consistency and obeying ctrl+c in foreground are good ;)

>> 1. the example is using both lines with spacing and without spacing
>> around equal sign (a=b and a = b). which would be a better style choice ?
>
> I prefer the spaces around operators because it creates much better
> readability. Others disagree.

actually, i don't care that much about the method used as for it being
consistent in the example script :)

>> 4. does somebody have example on writing out datetime string that would
>> reproduce behaviour that label format currently produces for
>> "${Year}.${Month:p/2/0/r}.${Day:p/2/0/r}-${Hour:p/2/0/r}.${Minute:p/2/0/r}"
>> ?
>
> Again, no examples, manuals, or even working code, but something like
>
> import datetime

and this is where it breaks.
just adding that line to the script prevents director from starting at all :

Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
Kaboom! bacula-dir, backup_1-dir got signal 6 - IOT trap. Attempting
traceback.
Kaboom! exepath=/sbin/
Calling: /sbin/btraceback /sbin/bacula-dir 32340
execv: /sbin/btraceback failed: ERR=No such file or directory
Traceback complete, attempting cleanup ...
Orphaned buffer:  backup_1-dir     16 bytes buf=820b150 allocated at
watchdog.c:86
Orphaned buffer:  backup_1-dir     16 bytes buf=82330a8 allocated at
watchdog.c:87

on #python, it was suggested that :
"that error is caused by importing a module compiled for a different
version of Python, on Windows."

but i don't understand how could that be possible

where could the problem be ?

>> 5. a (slightly modified) line reads :
>> job.JobReport = "Exists=%d %s" % (job.DoesVolumeExist(Vol), Vol)
>>
>> if i understand correctly, it would only add a line to the report and
>> proceed, right ?
>
> Yup.
>
>> it seems that in such a case job simply stucks, waiting for a manual
>> volume specification.
>> can i make a check that would error out if such a volume already exists ?
>
> Sure. Check the volume name you just created using DoesVolumeExist,
> and if it already exists, append or modify a suffix and loop.
> Otherwise, continue.

actually, i would prefer to error out in such a case - if volume exists,
something's broken.
looking over the example, i could not find a way to cancel the job - how
would i do that ?

> Hope this helps,

it did a lot, huge thanks.
i hope that the result of my pain will help somebody else :)

--
  Rich