On Nov 8, 2007 7:20 PM, Chris Howells <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Arno Lehmann wrote:
>
> > Run it several times with different slot ranges, like
> > 'label barcodes slots=1-3 pool=F01' and so on.
>
> Brilliant - thank you. The fact that you can use slots and pool seems to
> be missing from the docs, so I guess I should work on trying to add it :)
>

> >> It only seems to want to allow me to put the tapes into
> >> a single pool. I could allow it to put everything into the default pool
> >> but there doesn't seem to be a way of moving volumes to a different pool
> >> with 'add' and 'delete' of each one which is a bit of a pain.
> >
> > Use 'update volume=F01T01L4 pool=F01' and so on. Or use the menu after
> > 'update volume=F01T01L4', of course.
>
> Ah great too, very useful :)

One other thing I would like to mention is that with my changer I have
bacula put all the tapes into the "Scratch" pool and then bacula will
grab tapes from this pool when no tape is available in the pool it is
using. I find this works better for me than pre-allocating tapes for
each pool that I use.

John