Flak Magnet wrote:
> http://www.zmanda.com/ubuntu-backup.html
>
> >From the press release:
>
> "Zmanda™, the leader in open source backup and recovery software, today
> announced that its Amanda Enterprise Edition now supports Ubuntu and is the
> first enterprise backup software available for this popular distribution of
> the open source Linux operating system."
>
> I wish Zmanda and the Amanda project best of luck, but I don't appreciate
> them
> spreading inaccurate information.

Maybe they are talking about enterprise meaning with 24/7 technical
support contracts, which are required in order to fly in many large
enterprises.

Isn't Kern working on something like that? Seems like it's been a little
while since I've heard anything.

I think Zmanda load balances between India and California, so it's
pretty easy to hit the 24 hours without anyone having to do a midnight
shift.

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator