Dan Langille wrote:

> Run the "update volume" command from bconsole. Set the number of files
> to be 201.
>
> background: the Catalog thinks there are 200 files on the Volume. The
> Volume actually has 201 files. You will be correcting this
> inconsistency with the above command.
Thanks, this has started off last night missed jobs, however I have this
message and still do not fully understand why the tape moves to the end
of the last backup instead of starting from the beginning of the tape...

05-Dec 13:40 backup-dir JobId 151: Start Backup JobId 151,
Job=holly.2007-12-05_13.40.11
05-Dec 13:40 backup-dir JobId 151: Using Device "LTO-2"
05-Dec 13:40 backup-sd JobId 151: Volume "Tuesday1" previously written,
moving to end of data.
*
*
05-Dec 13:42 backup-sd JobId 151: Ready to append to end of Volume
"Tuesday1" at file=201.

Damian

--
Damian Brasher