Hi,

05.12.2007 17:59,, jay wrote::
> This was for Bacula 2.2.5 running on RHEL4 with MySQL 4.1.

Fairly recent...

> I do happen
> to have a pool named "Monthly Pool".

You meant, the pool is named with the quotes? I don't think Bacula
supports that :-)

> You are correct, there is a
> quoting error.  If I adjust the quotes, I can get the query to work.  Do
> I need to rename my pool?

That might be one solution... it would be better, though, to ensure
all characters that have a meaning in SQL (especially qoutes and ;)
are correctly escaped in all cases, though. Don't ask me how much work
that would be - I remember a discussion where Dan said he was working
on PostrgeSQL-related quoting, and it turned out to be bigger task
than I expected...

Arno

> Jay
>
> On Dec 5, 2007 10:38 AM, Arno Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     05.12.2007 15:10,, jay wrote::
>      > All,
>      >
>      > I had an email sitting in my inbox this morning, that was
>     generated by
>      > Bacula, but I'm not sure why or how.
>      >
>      > 04-Dec 11:32 cbtsscdb-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: sql_get.c:595
>      > sql_get.c:595 query SELECT
>      >

> PoolId,Name,NumVols,MaxVols,UseOnce,UseCatalog,AcceptAnyVolume,AutoPrune,Recycle,VolRetention,VolUseDuration,MaxVolJobs,MaxVolFiles,MaxVolBytes,PoolType,LabelType,LabelFormat,RecyclePoolId
>
>      > FROM Pool WHERE Pool.Name=''Monthly' failed:
>
>     If the above line really is the complete SQL query (I'm always a bit
>     unsure with MySQL...) then there is a qouting error.
>
>      > You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
>     corresponds
>      > to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
>     'Monthly''
>      > at line 1
>      >
>      > I see where the SQL failed, but what generated this?  Is it a bug?
>
>     Most probably, yes.
>
>     Which version of Bacula was this?
>
>      >  All
>      > my backups completed successfully, so its a bit perplexing.  Did
>     a job
>      > generated this or did it come from a daemon?
>
>     The JobId given in the mail is 0, which would indicate your DIR issued
>     that query. Perhaps in searching for a usable volume, or as part of a
>     query command. I don't know, but if the time the mail was generated
>     doesn't tell you anything, a search for this query in the source might
>     turn up something. Of course, there will be some variable substitution
>     in the source code... I couldn't find anything except cats/sql_list.c,
>     which look good. Unless you've got a Pool named 'Monthly (which might
>     be a problem).
>
>      > Should I be concerned?  Thanks
>
>     A bit... if similar errors are generated again, I would investigate.
>     Otherwise, especially if you're unsure which task generated the query,
>     it's a problem to find the cause for this SQL error.
>
>     Arno
>
>      > Jay
>      >
>      >
>      >
>     Paper
>      > from Novell.  From the desktop to the data center, Linux is going
>      > mainstream.  Let it simplify your IT future.
> [...]

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann
www.its-lehmann.de