Hi Dan,

a hard link looks like the original file. So it always should have the
same date.
Below you will see that the hard link (second line) has the same date at
the "original" file.
I created the hard link today but it also has the date from november the
23th.

Ingo

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# ls -l file.JPG
-rw-rw-r-- 2 root root 314099 23. Nov 15:58 file.JPG
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# ls -l backup/file.JPG
-rw-rw-r-- 2 mother mother 314099 23. Nov 15:58 backup/file.JPG

--
Ingo Jochim
QuerySoft GmbH

Tel.: 0351/ 450 4205