Hi Reynier,

>> You'll get more information from doing a:
>>
>> [pathto]/bacula-dir -t -c [pathto]bacula-dir.conf
>>
>> What does that say?
>
> Nothing, it just run Ok and withouth any errors.

Try adding the debug option

i.e [pathto]/bacula-dir -d 99 -t -c [pathto]bacula-dir.conf

I had a similar problem on Ubuntu (Debian based) and it was down to a
user and group permissions error, in the end I found that the /var/log/
bacula dir was not owned by the correct group and just failed to start
without any output.

In the init script you probably have something like ARGS="-c /etc/
bacula/bacula-dir.conf -u bacula -g bacula"

Tis a gotcha :-)

HTH

Matt Brown