Piero,

This is a difficult one to diagnose because it depends on how you configured
Bacula on your system with Leopard and MySQL. Moments ago, I just ran
configure, make and make install with Bacula 2.2.8 on Mac OS X Server
10.5.1(Leopard Server) and I am using PostgreSQL, not MySQL. I had no
problems
getting the File and Director daemons to run on Leopard Server 10.5.1 but
the Storage Daemon gave me an error because I didn't assign an Archive
Device in the storage daemon configuration file, as in:

Device {
>   Name = FileStorage
>   Media Type = File
>   Archive Device =
>   LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
>   Random Access = Yes;
>   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>   RemovableMedia = no;
>   AlwaysOpen = no;
> }

So when I ran the bacula start script, I got:

Starting the Bacula Storage daemon
> 01-Feb 10:29 bacula-sd: ERROR TERMINATION at lex.c:735
> Config error: expected a name, got T_EOL: =
>             : line 48, col 20 of file /opt/local/etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf
>   Archive Device =
>
> Starting the Bacula File daemon
> Starting the Bacula Director daemon

Hmm ... it amazing how much has changed from Bacula 2.2.3 to 2.2.8 because I
have never heard of the Archive Device directive yet. Ugh! This means I need
to read more documentation but I am guessing its for the better. I will for
now comment out this line until I know more about it. Nonetheless, the good
news is that I can tell you with certainty that Bacula compiles and runs on
Leopard Server 10.5.1 and so I would guess also Leopard (non-Server) 10.5.1

I am about to do some testing with Leopard's Access Control Lists (ACLs)
with Bacula to see if files that have ACLs can be backed up and restored
perfectly.

Cheers,

Hydro