Hello,

Recently, I split the Bacula documentation (800+ pages) into the following 7
documents:

  Concepts and Overview Guide
  Installation and Configuration Guide
  Console and Operators Guide
  Problem Resolution Guide
  Catalog Database Guide
  Utility Programs
  Developers' Guide

You can see the first cut of this work at the bottom of the following page:

 http://www.bacula.org/en/?page=documentation

Splitting the manual in this way has the advantages that each manual is a more
manageable size and with a bit more work, we should be able to eliminate
duplicated material, and make it easier for users to find what they need to
get the job done (e.g. consolidating all the problems in the Problem
Resolution Guide ...).

One of the disadvantage is that linking between the manuals becomes more
complicated.

Keeping in mind that this is a first cut, and that *much* more work needs to
be done, I would be interested to hear your comments about the new division.
Please note, there is still a lot of work to be done on eliminating
redundancy between the manuals and insuring that all problem resolution text
is moved into the Problem Resolution Guide, and so forth.  What I am most
interested in at this point is your comments on the major divisions of the
manual.

Best regards,

Kern