Hi,

Have you considered using Doxygen ( http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/ )?
I've found this to be a fantastic tool, both for documenting code, and other
things. Doxygen makes it a breeze to link separate sections/pages, has alot of
auto-crossreferencing capabilities etc. You could eg. in the Developers Guide
place links directly to the source-docs, so lookups would be greatly improved
time-wise. It can auto-generate documentation in html, pdf, latex and more.

--
Christopher