Dan, thanks for your answer!

Dan Langille schrieb:
> Why just Client1?  Why not all your backups?
It'll be a pretty high load, we're talking cross continent connections
(at least for ServerC) and a couple hundreds of GB per day. That's why I
prioritize some of them.

>> Now my question is, how would you accomplish this?
>
> From what I've read, rsync.

I agree.

 > I found it too much brain effort to read and follow each of the above.
> So I shall tell you what I'd do.  You tell me why it does not suit.
>
> You have a Bacula server.  You want duplicates of that server in two
> locations.  Local.  And remote.  Consider the other two locations to be
> standby Bacula servers.

The two other servers act as primary servers for the location they are
in. So each backup server has it's own set of clients to back up. That's
why I can't just clone the primary servers configuration.

Anyway, I tend to do exactly this, but just to *have* the files there
without using them.
If I actually need them, I'll reconfigure the director by hand.

This way I wouldn't have to mess with keeping the client lists in sync,
and disable all clients that aren't on the dir's daily set of jobs.

> Dump the database to a text file.
>
> Use rsync to duplicate that text file, the bacula-*.conf files, and all
> your backups to the other two locations.
>
> Done.
>
>> I'm not sure, if I have to be able to restore easily from all servers
>> but the original box. I mean, the backup is really just for bad bad
>> baaaaad situations, not for everyday use. But if there is an option that
>> would include an easy restore, hey, you have my attention!
>
> Allows all clients to accept connections from all three directors.  This
> means you add two more Director resources to each bacula-fd.conf file.
> If things go bad with the primary Bacula server, and you need to
> restore, ssh into one of the other servers and run the restore from there.
>
> Any issues?

Do you have any idea, how I can have each director have it's own set of
clients and still be able to restore the "other" clients?
Let's say I only include client configuration and not job configuration,
would I be able to modify the restore job?

And how would a director react on having a different directors catalog
imported into his own? Would that work at all? Or should I really be
using multiple different directors with different databases on each server?