Hi all,
     I recently made a change in my Pool configs to change the Volume Use
Duration from 7d to 6d 23h.

Pool {
  Name = My_Disks
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 27d
  Volume Use Duration = 6d 23h
  LabelFormat = "${Pool}-${NumVols}"
}

I made this change to compensate for the fact that a job may be scheduled to
start at 08:00, but the sd might not actually start writing the job until
08:09. The following week, the use duration wouldn't have expired, and the
current week's job would begin running. Then the volume would expire and the
next job would fail. Somthing like this:

10-Jan 20:01 mt-back4.director JobId 541: Max configured use duration
exceeded. Marking Volume "Mentora_Disks-1" as Used.
10-Jan 20:01 mt-back4.director JobId 541: There are no more Jobs associated
with Volume "Mentora_Disks-2". Marking it purged.
10-Jan 20:01 mt-back4.director JobId 541: All records pruned from Volume
"Mentora_Disks-2"; marking it "Purged"
10-Jan 20:01 mt-back4.director JobId 541: Recycled volume "Mentora_Disks-2"
10-Jan 20:01 mt-back4.storage JobId 541: Fatal error: acquire.c:366 Wanted
to append to Volume "Mentora_Disks-2", but device "Mentora_ZFS_Storage"
(/mnt/backup1/mentora/bacula) is busy writing on "Mentora_Disks-1" .
10-Jan 02:31 mt-www1.mentora JobId 541: Fatal error: ../../filed/job.c:1811
Bad response to Append Data command. Wanted 3000 OK data
, got 3903 Error append data

I believe its because the first job is still writing, while the 2nd that
started after the period expired can't append to the volume it wants. So I'd
like to know a couple of things.

By changing the Volume Use Duration in the Pool config, Bacula will pick up
the change after a reload and I don't need to update the volume in the
catalog?
Is there a better way to address this issue?

Thanks