Bob Hetzel wrote:

>> => *update slots
>> => Automatically selected Storage: Dell-PV136T
>> => Enter autochanger drive[0]: 0
>> => Connecting to Storage daemon Dell-PV136T at gyrus:9103 ...
>> => 3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
>> => Device "Dell-PV136T" has 0 slots.
>> => No slots in changer to scan.
>>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> I often see this if I do something like add/remove/move tapes outside of
>> bacula, using mtx or the front-panel controls of the tape drive. The only
>> reliable way to address the tape drive after this is to restart bacula.
>>

> Yup.  I in fact did take the library offline to add tapes.  Has anybody
> found a method of tape rotation in and out of the library that doesn't
> involve shutting bacula down?  This is kind of a big deal as most backup.

I have the same library here, and I've often added and removed tapes without
shutting down the sd - you just have to make sure that no jobs are running,
and bacula has unmounted the volumes.

Also note that the library sometimes takes a little while to wake back up
after it's been offline, so you may have to repeat update slots once or twice
before it will admit that it's there.

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken