On 12/12/2010 12:01 PM, Alex wrote:
> Hello bacula experts,
>
> I'm new here and have some problems configuring bacula to perform the correct
> job for me.
>
> - I have 2 computers: dev13.mydoom.com and mail.mydoom.com
> - on dev13, I want to backup entire content of /usr/local/Zend directory
> located on mail.mydoom.com
> - on dev13, all backups will reside on /var/bacula/bacula-restores directory
>
> So, on server (dev13) I installed bacula-mysql-5.0.3-1 and on client (mail) I
> installed only bacula-client-5.0.3-1
>
> When try to backup I receive error saying that /usr/local/Zend directory does
> not exist on dev13.mydoom.com! This is normal because /usr/local/Zend exist
> only on mail.mydoom.com.

Then you probably want different FileSets for each client.   I don't see
the Job definitions for each, but I'm guessing them both use the
JodbDefs defined below.  You may wish to override the JobDefs for
dev13.mydoom.com by explicitly specifying the FileSet for that Job.

See below.

> So, my question is: What file and where exactly IS REQUIRED to modify? I am
> lost in configuration files and directives ...
>

> Here comes my config files:
>
> On mail.mydoom.com (client) machine:
>
> [r...@mail bacula]# ls
> bacula-fd.conf  bconsole.conf
> [r...@mail bacula]#
>
> [r...@mail bacula]# cat bacula-fd.conf
> # List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon
> #
> Director {
>    Name = dev13.mydoom.com-dir
>    Password = "alx_dir"
> }
>
> #
> # "Global" File daemon configuration specifications
> #
> FileDaemon {                          # this is me
>    Name = mail.mydoom.com-fd
>    FDport = 9102                  # where we listen for the director
>    WorkingDirectory = /var/lib/bacula
>    Pid Directory = /var/run
>    Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
> }
>
> # Send all messages except skipped files back to Director
> Messages {
>    Name = Standard
>    director = dev13.mydoom.com-dir = all, !skipped, !restored
> }
> [r...@mail bacula]#
>
> [r...@mail bacula]# cat bconsole.conf
> #
> # Bacula User Agent (or Console) Configuration File
> #
>
> Director {
>    Name = dev13.mydoom.com-dir
>    DIRport = 9101
>    address = dev13.mydoom.com
>    Password = "alx_dir"
> }
> [r...@mail bacula]#
>
> [r...@mail bacula]# service bacula-fd status
> bacula-fd (pid 3348) is running...
> [r...@mail bacula]#
>

> Now, here comes what I've configured on "server" (dev13.mydoom.com):
>
> [r...@dev13 bacula]# ls
> bacula-dir.conf  bacula-fd.conf  bacula-sd.conf  bconsole.conf
> [r...@dev13 bacula]#
>

> [r...@dev13 bacula]# cat bacula-dir.conf
> Director {                            # define myself
>    Name = dev13.mydoom.com-dir
>    DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections
>    QueryFile = "/usr/lib/bacula/query.sql"
>    WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
>    PidDirectory = "/var/run"
>    Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
>    Password = "alx_dir"         # Console password
>    Messages = Daemon
> }
>
> JobDefs {
>    Name = "Alx_test_job"
>    Type = Backup
>    Level = Incremental
>    Client = mail.mydoom.com-fd
>    FileSet = "Alx_lista_fisiere"

This is where that FileSet is used.

>    Schedule = "AlxOnDemand"
>    Storage = AlxFile
>    Messages = Standard
>    Pool = File
>    Priority = 10
>    Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/%c.bsr"
> }
>
> Job {
>    Name = "Backup_mail.mydoom.com"
>    JobDefs = "Alx_test_job"
> }
>
> Schedule {
>    Name = "AlxOnDemand"
>    Run = Full sun-sat at 17:50
> }
>
> # List of files to be backed up
> FileSet {
>    Name = "Alx_lista_fisiere"
>
>    Include {
>      Options {
>        signature = MD5
>      }
>
>      File = /usr/local/Zend

This is where we find the directory in question.  In FileSet
Alx_lista_fisiere.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/