On Sunday 12 December 2010 19:37, David Hollingworth wrote:
> Hi Alex
>
> I think you've correct identified your initial problem:
>
> On 12/12/2010 17:01, Alex wrote:
> > Client {
> >    Name = mail.mydoom.com-fd
> >    Address = dev13.mydoom.com
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >    FDPort = 9102
> >    Catalog = MyCatalog
> >    Password = "watpEaYgf2N2A6TdVN8QdYDA7MI8Sa9rVjOY1bW7dWGv"          #
> > password for FileDaemon
> >    File Retention = 30 days            # 30 days
> >    Job Retention = 6 months            # six months
> >    AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
> > }
>
> Here you're saying that the Address of your mail system is, infact, your
> dev13 system. Which is incorrect. Don't forget that the Name parameter
> can be anything to easily identify the client; but the Address must
> resolve to the IP address of the client system. For example:
>
> Client {
>    Name = "Mail System"
>    Address = mail.mydoom.com
>
> The second error you've received indicates that at least Bacula has
> attempted to contact the client, so you're one step further forward. The
> problem there could be a mismatched password or possibly a firewall issue.
> If you can telnet to the mail.mydoom.com on port 9102 then the port is open
> and it's most likely a password mismatch.

Dave,

Indeed now is a password problem. I can see in logs:

12-Dec 20:40 dev13.mydoom.com-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Unable to authenticate
with File daemon at "mail.mydoom.com:9102". Possible causes:
Passwords or names not the same or
Maximum Concurrent Jobs exceeded on the FD or
FD networking messed up (restart daemon).

Could you tell me please where is required to modify password)? On
dev13.mydoom.com, on mail or on booth. In which file: bacula-fd (on booth
equipments) or on bacula-dir file on dev13.mydoom.com plus on bacula-fd on
mail? In which section?

Regards,
Alx