On Jun 27, 2011, at 6:27 PM, Kevin O'Connor wrote:

> It's set to files dns, if I ping the hostname it comes up as 127.0.0.1.
> There's no way that this could be known by the 172.17.x.x address unless the
> Director was translating it and passing it over - there's not even a
> 172.x.x.x address configured on the client machine.  I'm really confused
> here, any ideas?  The SSH tunnel is open and looks to be working, but for
> some reason the FD just keeps wanting to connect over 172.17.x.x instead.

One of your basic assumptions is incorrect.  I don't know what it is, but
something, somewhere is wrong.

Verify that your  bacula-dir.conf configuration is correct.

Verify that the job in question is using the SD in question.

Verify that said storage device in bacula-sd.conf has Address = 127.0.0.1

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org