On 01/09/2017 09:46 AM, Josip Deanovic wrote:
> Hi!
> Maybe you could make use of Verify jobs in case you are restoring the
> most recent backup and you have fairly recent Verification job run.

I considered a Verify job.  I haven't done them much, but the trouble is
that my boss wants a full end-to-end restore test, not just verifying
what's in the catalog.  So, when the description says "In general,
*verify* jobs permit you to compare the contents of the catalog to the
file system, or to what was backed up", I didn't dig much further.

Of course, there could certainly be a less-obvious way to apply verify
jobs, that I'm not thinking of now.  I'll dig into it further.

--
Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator