Ah ha! I had forgotten that point.  The system that it is backing up is
bigger still. Two Xeon cpu's with 16 processors and 24 GB of memory. I
don't run this concurrently with other backups on this system as I had to
split them into 2 different backups due to the size.  It was reaching 5 TB
of data and at the time I didn't have the space to backup multiple days of
data.
I think it's time to watch some system resources on the FD.

Thanks,