On 10/08/17 22:39, Gi Dot wrote:
> Your understanding is correct. I am not aware that this setup is not
> supported/possible. I supposed the only way would be to configure a
> bacula director to handle the jobs that go to FreeNAS.
>
> Is there a bacula-dir/fd plugin for FreeNAS? I have only found bacula-sd.

Well, the problem there, I think, is the one Storage shared between
seven Directors.  That's the part that's not supported.  Inevitably
you're going to have multiple Directors trying to ask the same Storage
to mount different volumes at the same time.

Is there a reason you're running a Director on each client instead of
just a file daemon and a single coordinating Director?  With the
configuration you have, if one of those seven servers goes down, it
takes the records of its own backups with it.  That means you've got to
bscan backup media before you can do any disaster-recovery restores.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications