On 6/12/2018 12:35 PM, Ryan Butler wrote:

Hello all,

After a failed upgrade to one of our organization’s web apps, I’m trying to restore the web app directory from Bacula. I went into bconsole, restore, option 3 (enter jobid), and have been sitting on “Building directory tree for JobId(s) 56810 …” for the past 12 hours. The MySQL process is using 100% CPU on one core, but other than that, I have no indication that anything is happening. And this is something that I need to figure out why it is happening, but what I really need right now is to just get the web app restored so users don’t start getting angry.

100% CPU on one core with MySQL is often due to a missing index.

I really just need to restore a single directory (and all of its files and subdirectories), so I’ve been looking at option 11 (enter a list of directories to restore for jobid), and it looks like I’d have to manually specify all the subdirectories, which is doable. However, would that option also need to “Build directory tree”, and therefore I’d be back at the original problem?

Well, option 11 should use a different query than option 3, so if the problem is a missing index, then option 11 may well work better than option 3.

We’re on version 7.0.5, which I know is old, and I have plans to update it after this disaster.

I suggest moving the catalog to postgres on SSD storage, while you're at it.

Here’s the details on that particular Job:

JobFiles: 2,927,789

JobBytes: 54,769,194,913 (54 GB)

Any help is appreciated!!!

*Ryan Butler*