On 6/13/2018 5:59 AM, Josh Fisher wrote:

I suggest moving the catalog to postgres on SSD storage, while you're at it.

Mine's on spinning rust and it still works OK given enough RAM.

I think another issue here is the expectations: we ran a one-CPU (relatively) low-RAM test server for a while and saw that in testing. So when we started using bacula in production we already knew restores could take a while.

(And ditch mysql: allegedly it can be tuned up for tolerable performance, but why bother when there's postgres.)

Dima