I have never seen an article or reference regarding re-tensioning LTO media.
In fact Quantum answered a similar question:
"Retensioning is not needed on single hub media, such as DLT and LTO. Dual hub
media requires retensioning after it has been dropped as the tape path because
it can be skewed between the two hubs. Since DLT and LTO media have a single
hub, the tape is wound through a path within the drive onto an internal hub.
This eliminates the problem with skewing."

A reliable industry source.  You cannot apply general magnetic tape information
to LTO.

Patti Clark
Sr. Linux System Administrator
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

On 9/20/18, 7:45 AM, "George Anchev via Bacula-users"