Marcio Demetrio Bacci kirjoitti 16.4.2019 5:24:

I have some doubts about Bacula, however I did not find answers on the Internet or in the books for the following doubts:

1. Is there any problem in using Bacula virtualized? (I didn't find anything saying otherwise)

I run my Bacula server as an LXC container in an CentOS 7 server. No problems so far. A dedicated box might be better for some, but this works for me.

2. Is there any restriction on mounting the Bacula VM on a DRBD volume in the hypervisor. In this VM I will implement ZFS deduplication for my backups?

No idea and because of that I'd just try and see. But I see not an obvious reason for that to not work.

3. Is there any limitation on the size of Backups with Bacula Community version? (I did not find information about any limitations)

No.

4. Having a few jobs with 300 GB or more, though I set up my volumes on Bacula with 100 GB, so would you recommend increasing the size of the volumes to 200 GB or more?

I use 4.6 GB for my Volumes, and my storage size is a 8 TB Archive Disk (SMR). That has a historical reason as once upon a time I stored them to DVD-RW. There is this to ponder: when you recycle a Volume, all data in the Volume is lost. If you have 200 GB Volumes, you will Lose 200 GB in every Volume recycle... To me that matters. The smaller the Volume the better.

5. Currently the OS and Backup disks are on the same DRBD volume, so would it be better to put the OS disk out of the DRBD volume? (the VM has frequently crashing what makes me think that excessive writing on the disk may be impacting the OS)

I have no idea about this.

--
Jari Fredriksson
Bitwell Oy