On Tuesday 2019-04-16 09:45:29 Dmitri Maziuk via Bacula-users wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 23:24:10 -0300
>
> Marcio Demetrio Bacci <marcioba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 5. Currently the OS and Backup disks are on the same DRBD volume, so
> > would it be better to put the OS disk out of the DRBD volume? (the VM
> > has frequently crashing what makes me think that excessive writing on
> > the disk may be impacting the OS)
>
> I would put everything out of drbd volume because quite frankly I don't
> see the point. I don't think you can fail over in a middle of a backup,
> and without that, why not just put OS on NFS? -- or ZFS and send
> incremental snapshot as part of your manual failover. Using drbd for
> backup storage is just a waste of disk.

NFS and DRBD are not really comparable that way.

DRBD is block level replication and you can achieve redundancy at the
block level.

NFS is a network file system which could be setup on top of the
DRBD provided block device and doesn't provide redundancy.

> I'd also try to run bacula in a container instead of VM at this point.
> but that's just me.

It all depends on his environment.

--
Josip Deanovic