Hello,

Of course anything that would improve Bacula is possible.  Concerning
possible source code changes that do what you call exponential back-off,
it is not something that I have on my personal agenda.

Unfortunately normally what happens is that someone develops new code
and then submits it. This is not the best approach because if the
feature or design is not appropriate for Bacula, the code may not be
accepted for inclusion in Bacula.

A far better procedure would be for some person to design the feature,
submit the design to the project, get the design approved, then
implement and submit the code.

Best regards,
Kern