Hello Sven,

I share your concerns, but here are a few mitigating factors:

1. I am not aware of any other C/C++ S3 library that will do the same job and is well maintained.  I have to admit I have not looked recently, so any suggestions would be welcome.

2. Bacula Systems actively uses libs3 with its customers, and any corrections that they make will also be in the Bacula community libs3 git repo (under the same GNU Lesser V3 license)

3. Amazon (or other s3 supplier's) tools can be used to restore Bacula S3 Volumes to disk, and once that is done, Bacula can read those volumes regardless of what S3 library it is linked with.  This is because when the Volumes are on disk, Bacula reads them as standard OS files.  libs3 is only used to move files from a local disk to and from the S3 cloud.

Best regards,

Kern