Hello Uwe,

On 2/15/21 09:56, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> during a largish backup job (3,8TB windows fileserver, about 5m files
> & directories) I'm seeing this error when the attributes are being
> despooled once the job completes:
>
> Fatal error: catreq.c:762 fread attr spool error. Wanted 1969368434
> bytes, maximum permitted 10000000 bytes

It seems that an invalid message was found in the spool file, this size
is the expected size of the message, that is rarely more than few
hundred bytes. It can be some error message for example (low disk space?).

You might want to diagnose in the Storage daemon when we write to
thespool file and track when the msglen is > 1000000 for example. (Display
the packet in the trace file for example.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Eric