On Sunday, 26 December 2021 17:19:15 GMT Phil Stracchino wrote:
> You say you can log into the mysql instance as root.  Do this:
>
> mysql> select user, host from mysql.user;
>
> See if there is a bacula user or another such user that you created for
> your catalog database.  You should see something like:
>
> +-------------+-------------+
> | User        | Host        |
> +-------------+-------------+
> | alaric      | 10.24.32.%  |
> | bacula      | 10.24.32.%  |
> | books       | 10.24.32.%  |
>
> If so:
>
> mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON bacula.* TO 'bacula'@'localhost' (or
> whatever DB user you want bacula to connect as) IDENTIFIED BY 'bacula
> password goes here';

Thank you for the information.
mysql> select user, host from mysql.user;
returned the following (without the leading dots) :
. +-------------+-----------+
. | User        | Host      |
. +-------------+-----------+
. | bacula      | %         |
. |             | localhost |
. | mariadb.sys | localhost |
. | mysql       | localhost |
. | root        | localhost |
. |             | vivaldi   |

I don't use passwords in my Bacula config files so I tried:
MariaDB [(none)]> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON bacula.* TO 'bacula'@'localhost';
but it returned:
ERROR 1133 (28000): Can't find any matching row in the user table

Cheers

Graham