Thank you Marcin,

I wasn’t aware the Baculum could also be installed on a FD host. Interesting to
know.
Actually my question was not clearly phrased as I did mean it. I did not mean
to look the password up on the FD host side in Baculum.

What I did mean was, where in Baculum on the director host would I find the
secret strings to use in the bconsole file director directive on the FD host
side. The same for the secret string for the monitor director directive in the
bacula-fd.conf on the FD machine. The initial setup suggests that both secret
strings are not identical to each other.

Sorry for the unclear phrasing.
Best
 J/C

> On 16. Jun 2022, at 06:58, Marcin Haba <ganius...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Justin,
>
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2022 at 16:55, Justin Case <jus7inc...@gmail.com
> <mailto:jus7inc...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Thanks, I understand.
> Still the partial questions are open where I find the corresponding secret
> strings in Baculum. I am not complaining, just want to make explicit that not
> all parts of the questions are answered yet.
>
> Where ein Baculum do I find the bconsole secret for the bcsonsole config
> file? I understand that it must be somehow possible to restrict the bconsole
> access using ACLs. I am just trying to understand where in the most basic
> config I would find the secret (which menu path in Baculum).
>
> This password is stored in files in two places: in your file daemon config
> and in tray monitor config. If you want to see the password on the Baculum
> interface, you need to install Baculum API on the file daemon host with
> configuration feature enabled (bfdjson configured). After you need to connect
> this host to your Baculum Web. At the end you need to go to:
>
> Main menu -> Clients -> [ select the client ] -> Tab: Configure file daemon
> -> Section: Director
>
> If you have everything (Bacula and Baculum API/Web) already configured on one
> host with the configuration feature enabled in API, you don't need to add any
> additional API host.
>
> In the same way you can monitor storage daemons and directors. In this case
> the director configuration for the monitor connection will be in:
>
> Main menu -> Director -> Tab: Configure director -> Console
>
> and storage daemon configuration for the monitor will be in:
>
> Main menu -> Storage -> [ select the storage ] -> Tab: Configure storage
> daemon -> Section: Director
>
> Best regards,
> Marcin Haba (gani)
>
> Also: on what operating systems there is a tray monitor available that then
> uses the bacula-mon interface? Is this a Windows-specific thing? (So this
> interface is for localhost use only I I should find the corresponding secret
> string in the config for the tray app?). I am using mostly macOS and Debian,
> some FreeBSD - is this relevant on these platforms? (I don’t have Windows at
> all. Lucky me.)
>
> Thanks again,
>  J/C
>

>> On 15. Jun 2022, at 16:39, Josh Fisher <jfis...@jaybus.com
>> <mailto:jfis...@jaybus.com>> wrote:
>>

>> On 6/15/22 08:12, Justin Case wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> when installing the bacula-client packageon Debian I end up i /etc/bacula
>>> with
>>> bacula-fd.conf
>>> and