Yes, that's what I meant.

With the default casts, pgloader will convert those fields to binary and use
hex-encoded strings in the SQL
(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/datatype-binary.html#id-1.5.7.12.9).
Since the actual PostgreSQL field type is text, the encoded strings are then
inserted directly into the database as seen in the output of list jobs etc.

__Martin