Bill Arlofski via Bacula-users schrieb am 21.04.23 um 16:52:
On 4/21/23 04:39, Dr. Thorsten Brandau wrote:
Hi

yes, I commented the incremential out because it also makes a full backup and therefore I only try to do differential per weekend. I want to have incrementals daily, but it does not work (always does full).

The last log is:

07-Apr 23:05 -dir JobId 136: Start Backup JobId 136, Job=FileServer_Full.2023-04-07_23.05.00_04

Hello Dr. Thorsten,

Please show us the Job and Fileset configurations.

Then, please run:

* run job=FileServer_Full level=Incremental

* run job=FileServer_Full level=Differential

and show us those complete Job logs too - including the Summary information at the end.

Some things to note:

- If there is no Full job in the Catalog, then Bacula can't run an Incremental, nor a Differential. These would be automatically upgraded to a Full level - you will be notified in the job log in the very first line.

- If you edit a Fileset, Bacula will notice this and will automatical
ly upgrade the next Inc or Diff to a Full - you will be
notified in the job log in the very first line.

- To prevent the second case, you can add `IgnoreFileSetChanges = yes` to the Fileset - but this has its own ramifications and is not recommended to use unless you are fully aware - See the docs about this feature for more information.

Okay. Starting the jobs manually gave the desired result. Maybe because I have set "mtimeonly=yes" previously.

Also the scheduled jobs work well. So probably "mtimeonly=yes" was the correct setting.