In bacularis, when you go to volumes does the tape show as "inchanger=
yes"? If not, you need to do a scan of the changer inventory slots
(possible there in bacularis on volumes page). I forget what the button
says but it's at the top of volumes page. I select our changer and specify
to scan slots 1-24. You'd probably select your changer and type 1-8 for
which slots to scan since iirc you have an 8 bay changer.

Also in bacularis, what does the does the job itself say after running job?
Does job hang and wait forever saying "please load a tape" (i am
paraphrasing the message it will give)? Or does job fail automatically and
end the job running state?

Robert Gerber
402-237-8692
r...@craeon.net