Thank you everyone for your suggestions and links. Conversion has started, so far with no problems

Alan

On 4/5/24 06:59, Wanderlei Huttel wrote:
Hello

Take a look in this link
https://github.com/wanderleihuttel/bacula-utils/tree/master/convert_mysql_to_postgresql

Em qui., 4 de abr. de 2024 21:40, Gary R. Schmidt <g...@mcleod-schmidt.id.au> escreveu:

    On 05/04/2024 07:32, Alan Polinsky wrote:
    > I am a retired programmer, with a small Lan at home; two Nas's,
    three
    > Linux and one Windows client, and an old LTO3 tape drive. The
    smaller
    > Nas gets backed up on a nightly basis, while the larger one,
    being used
    > mostly as an archive, is backed up only as needed. I've been using
    > bacula 9,6.7 with Mariadb as the database. Everything works
    perfectly.
    > In order to push my learning, I'm thinking of migrating from
    Maria to
    > Postgresql. My normal backup set has 31 tapes in the catalog;
    about an
    > additional 15 are used for selected backups. Is there a relatively
    > simple way to move from Maridb to Postgresql? I realize there
    may be a
    > problem with the difference in column definition. Is there
    anything else
    > I should consider?

    Basically, set up the PostgreSQL database with the Bacula tables,
    mysqldump the existing data, and then write scripts to massage the
    SQL
    until the PostgreSQL system accepts it.

    That's what I did, you can grab my scripts from
    <https://www.mcleod-schmidt.id.au/~grs/Bacula_to_PostgreSQL/> and try
    them, but I did it back in 2018, so they're out of date, and I
    have no
    recollection of what order I did things in!  ;-)

            Cheers,
                    Gary    B-)