I am in the process of installing and configuring Bacula-13.0.4 and Bacularis-2.7.0 on a Debian-12.5 server.

(moving over from using Amanda, I might ask a few questions around that soon)

What I noticed: when I access "Restore" in Bacularis, there are files displayed with strange chars instead of the correct german special chars or "Umlauts".

That's something I would like to get correct from the start.

I installed from the deb-packages and use postgresql as database.

Didn't notice any specific choice of charsets or so.

Does that maybe come from the language I chose for Bacularis?

Right now I have it in english ...

pls advise, thanks, Stefan