Not using bacularis, but accented characters, used in all languages, except
English and some odd language
spoken by about 1000 people on an island in the Pacific, work for us. Try
restoring from bconsole to rule out
that it is a bacula issue and not just a bacularis one.

--
Med vänlig hälsning

Anders Gustafsson, ingenjör
anders.gustafs...@pedago.fi  |  Support +358 18 12060  |  Direkt +358 9 315 45
121  |  Mobil +358 40506 7099

Pedago interaktiv ab, Nygatan 7 B , AX-22100 MARIEHAMN, ÅLAND, FINLAND

>>> "Stefan G. Weichinger" <li...@xunil.at> 2024-04-09 08:06 >>>

I am in the process of installing and configuring Bacula-13.0.4 and
Bacularis-2.7.0 on a Debian-12.5 server.

(moving over from using Amanda, I might ask a few questions around that
soon)

What I noticed: when I access "Restore" in Bacularis, there are files
displayed with strange chars instead of the correct german special chars
or "Umlauts".

That's something I would like to get correct from the start.

I installed from the deb-packages and use postgresql as database.

Didn't notice any specific choice of charsets or so.

Does that maybe come from the language I chose for Bacularis?

Right now I have it in english ...

pls advise, thanks, Stefan