On 11/06/2024 18:56, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 06.06.24 um 15:57 schrieb Marco Gaiarin:
Mandi! Josh Fisher via Bacula-users
   In chel di` si favelave...

Not for a single job. When the storage daemon is writing a job's spooled
data to tape, the client must wait. However, if multiple jobs are
running in parallel, then the other jobs will continue to spool their
data while one job is despooling to tape.

I come back on this. I've setup on director's storage Autochanger{}
configuration:

    Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5

but i've set on storage configuration, in the Device{} stanza:

    Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1

as suggested for tapes; clearly i've only one device/tape. I've defined two
jobs, but the first run, the second:

    is waiting on Storage "BPBKPLOMAutochanger"

And don't start to spool data, wait there indefinetively.

What i'm missing?! Thanks.

interested as well, I need to speedup my weekly/monthly FULL runs (with LTO6, though: way slower anyway).

Shouldn't the file daemon do multiple jobs in parallel?

To tape you can only write ONE stream of data.

To the spooling disk there could be more than one stream.

Yes, that seems wrong:
$ grep Concurrent *.conf
bacula-dir.conf:  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 50
bacula-dir.conf:  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 50
bacula-fd.conf:  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 50
bacula-sd.conf:  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 50

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)